Thursday 10 April 2014

OULIPOST 9 HEADLINES


 
Wednesday’s prompt was: ‘Compose a poem whose body is sourced from article headlines in your newspaper.’ Mine is taken from the front page of the  I, Thursday 10 April 2014. ( I know, I'm behind). It would be quite fun to make a soup of these words and pull them out at random to see what happens. But I think I’ll just go on to yesterday’s prompt.

‘Culture secretary resigns after scandal over expenses. Tory Party vice-chairman fired for tweeting: ‘About time.’ No mothers in the cabinet for first time in 22 years. New women’s minister opposes gay marriage. Student debt in your 50s for 75% of today’s undergrads. Ukraine: 48-hours to get out-ultimatum to separatists. Why the MoD wants to censor my Helmand book. End of the Road for Red Devils after exit from Europe.  Secrets of the Mummies. The drugs scandal of the century.’

Janet Daniel, April 11, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment